QC History

We took over this Anglican Church in 2017 with the vision of creating a recording studio & artist retreat complete with lodging & vegan kitchen. The Church was decommissioned several years earlier and renovated by a local contractor. The info below is from various websites we’ve found.

St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church (Quyon, Quebec)
In 1857, John Egan & Co. donated a site in Quyon for a church and burial ground. Services were held in the schoolhouse until the church was ready for use. St. John the Evangelist was consecrated by Bishop Francis Fulford of Montreal in May 1862. Work began in 1881 on a stone church to replace the old wooden one and in 1885, the second St. John the Evangelist, Quyon was consecrated. St. John the Evangelist is currently in the parish of Aylmer.
(from https://www.archeion.ca/st-john-evangelist-anglican-church-quyon-quebec)

Find out more about the local heritage buildings and sites in Quyon: http://www.heritagepontiac.ca/hhf.htm

Go to the home page to find out more about Pontiac municipality:
http://www.heritagepontiac.ca/